It’s Thursday, so you know what that means?
This Thursday I decided to think of thirty things to look forward to in the next movie in the Hunger Games series: Catching Fire. Trust me, it was hard narrowing it down to thirty things! And yes, you can imagine this post will be full of spoilers, so if you haven’t read the book yet then don’t bother reading onward (although I know some of you will anyway).
1. President Snow practically forcing Katniss to get married to Peeta.
2. Gale declaring his love for Katniss.
2. The tour Katniss and Peeta have to go on to “flaunt” their win.
4. The beginning of the uprising in Rue’s district.
5. Katniss finding out she’ll be competing in the Quater Quell, and Peeta volunteers to be with her instead of Haymitch.
6. The suspition of there being a district thirteen.
7. Katniss getting drunk. Ha!
8. Gale getting whipped, and the after affect when he’s brought back to Katniss’ house.
9. Katniss telling Caesar that she’s pregnant with Peeta’s child.
10. Her wedding dress burning away into a feathered dress instead, with sleeves as wings. Cinna turns her into the mockingjay.
11. The famous sugarcube scene with mister Finnick Odair.
12. Johanna Mason, along with the rest of the important characters competing (such as Beetee and Wires).
13. Katniss hanging up a dummy and writing Seneca Crane’s name on it.
14. Peeta painting the scene of Rue’s death, the way the Gamemakers didn’t show on TV, but how it really went.
15. Cinna getting murdered in front of Katniss right before she’s lifted to the arena.
16. The surroundings of the new arena: water. “This is no place for a girl on fire.”
17. Finnick’s trident.
18. Finnick saving Peeta’s life; actually, a lot of them do just to keep him alive. So Katniss stays alive.
19. The gas that ends up killing Finnick’s partner. Oh, and we also learn whom Finnick really loves, miss Annie, back at his district (which is four, the one of fishing. Hence: trident).
20. The jabberjays torturing Katniss and Finnick with a perfect mimic of their loved ones.
21. The crazy monkeys in the arena.
22. Tick, tick, tick…(only readers will get that one).
23. Finnick and Katniss playing a prank on Peeta.
24. Peeta’s personal talk with Katniss, which includes giving her a pearl.
25. Johanna and Katniss getting into a fight.
26. Katniss aiming her arrow upward and piercing it at the top of the arena.
27. Katniss getting pulled out of the Quater Quell.
28. Haymitch admitting to her that a lot of things were planned in the arena, down to when to save whom, since the head Gamemaker is against the Capitol.
29. Peeta’s life being questioned, and Katniss’ rage is inlighted from her promise to save him being crushed.
30. Gale coming to visit, saying that her closest family is safe from a bombing, but the rest of district twelve is destroyed.
Those are just some plot points that I’m looking forward to in the next movie, what are you looking forward to?
May the odds be ever in your favor!